Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Twelve

In honor of 12/12/12, I thought I'd share 12 things that make me happy.

1.  My guy.


This is one of my favorite pictures of the two of us.  I took it while we were on our anniversary vacation to Pennsylvania this summer.  We are actually riding a little tram backward into a coal mine.  Oh what fun things you find to do when you have no itinerary! 

2. This guy.


Especially when he lets us put different hats on him while we are wasting time in Old Navy.

3.  The fact that it is 61 degrees outside right now.  On December 12th.  It's days like this that I love Texas.  Crisp winter air makes me in the mood for Christmas!

4. Speaking of Christmas, I am particularly excited for Christmas this year.  Might have something to do with the Little one. :)


5.  Temples make me happy all year long.


6.  Homemade bread hot out of the oven.  It's been far too long since I've baked bread...

7.  Good friends.  This past Saturday we went with our very good friends and neighbors to their church's Christmas program.  It makes me happy that even though we don't share the exact same faith, we can share our beliefs with each other and not be uncomfortable. :)

8.  Funny videos that my friends send me. Thanks, Jay!


 9.  Family.  Having a little family of my own makes me even more grateful for extended family that we have - most of them so far away.  

10.  Yankee Candle No. 2   My new favorite scent!

11. Audiobooks. They make my 40 minute-each-way commute a little easier.  Right now I'm listening to this:

The Giver

12. Sleep.  I hope that 2013 brings more of that. :)

What things are you happy for these days?


No comments: