Sunday, September 7, 2008

Day trip to Ft. Worth

Dan has been wanting to take me to see the Stockyards in Ft. Worth, and also show me a few of the areas he served in while he was on a church mission.  So yesterday we finally went!  It was a beautiful day, and he 45-minute drive was pretty enjoyable.

First, we drove to Sunny's Grill.  This is a place I have been hearing about forever.  Dan used to eat at this hole-in-the-wall place, and even took his Mission President (& his wife!) there once.  I have to say, when we drove up, I was a little bit nervous, but the food was actually very good.  Dan told me later that he was surprised that the little place was still open.  


Then we drove thru downtown Ft. Worth.  Really, not a lot to see, but it seems like a nice, clean city.  

Finally, we arrived at the Stockyards.  It was an interesting place.  A lot of cowboy stuff!  We walked around for about an hour, just taking it all in.  If you've never been there, it's definitely a fun place to go!  Here are some photos from our little trip!







On our way home, we stopped at my very favorite dessert shop: Sprinkles!  And the cupcakes were soooooooo yummy!!  My favorite is Red Velvet... mmmmm!


1 comment:

Alee and Brandon said...

Oh cute! Love your header! I use the instructions here for the blog LO:

http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/secret.php?id=2

Good luck!