Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bokeh practice

A few weeks ago, I was reading about bokeh on Pioneer Woman's blog. This is what she has to say about it.

"Bokeh, which is pronounced bow-kay or bow-keh, refers to the wonderful out-of-focus light and shapes and colors you find in the background of many photos taken with a digital camera. It is created by light and glass (in your lens) and distance and wind and focus."

It takes a bit of practice, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

When Chris came to visit in September, we this game several times:


That's right: Risk. And for the record, I was red. With Chris and Dan attacking each other all the time, I pretty much sailed to victory all weekend. But I digress...

What a perfect time to practice my bokeh, right?


Isn't it beautiful?


I think this might be my favorite shot.


You know what they say, practice practice practice. Now if I could just find some models that aren't carrying tiny plastic weapons...

4 comments:

Amyanne said...

You're welcome to come try your techniques out with my kids as models any time:)!

Chrystal said...

If only we lived closer, Amyanne! :)

DAN said...

I hope you know WE let you win. :)

Tessha said...

That's cool! Thanks for sharing.