Sunday, October 17, 2010

Family History Project

I have spent a lot of time this weekend working on family history project. I am taking a class by Jessica Sprague and despite some frustrations, I am beginning to enjoy it!

The project focuses on 4 generations - me, my parents, my grandparents, and my great-grandparents. At first I thought it would be easy to track down this information, but it took a bit more work than I expected. Photos were the most difficult part, especially on my father's side of the family.

So far, the family tree looks like this (I'm sorry it's fuzzy; I can't figure out how to get photos to post clearly lately):

Any of you McCoppins or Skokans out there - if you have stories or anecdotes to share, please let me know! The next few pages will be dedicated to the "details" of each couple. Needless to say, I am short of information for that side of the family and would appreciate any help you can render!


Despite the frustrations, it has been fun to put faces with names, and sift through some old photo albums my mom sent me years ago that I just never had the time to look through. :)

No comments: