Thursday, March 6, 2008

Snow? Really?

As I sit here - on MARCH 6th - I can see the snow falling in our back yard.  That's right - snow.  This has been one of the strangest winters I have ever had!  I guess it IS north Texas, right?  We've had 75+ degree weather, snow, hail, and just about everything in between these last couple of months.  I'm not exactly pleased about the snow.  At least I know that it won't last too long!

Thanks for all the thoughts & prayers while we were sick.  We are finally starting to feel better.  Not 100%  yet, for sure, but at least on the road to recovery.  It's been a rough few weeks!  I honestly don't ever remember being this sick.  Our medications have tapered off, and I'm down to one little prescription.  So there is hope. :)

As it is March (nevermind how in the world is it MARCH already??), I thought I would revisit my resolutions for 2008.  I'm happy to report, I'm doing well!  The 'ol journal is up to date.  (OK, I have to admit, I missed a few days, but other than that, I'm back on track).  I'm also happy to report that I am 34.1% of the way through the Old Testament!  It's been really a lot more enjoyable than I thought it was going to be!  I love the stories and how they flow together, and I'm learning so much!  

And as for no more soda?  I think I'm past the craving stage!  I don't really find myself missing it very often anymore.  Glad about that!  

Dan and I are trying to decide where we want to go on vacation this year.  Want to help us out?  Vote over there on the right!  Right now, we're thinking about Beijing - what do you think?  

I guess that's it for now.  Yup, it's still snowing.  

7 comments:

Jen said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better! Wow- what fun vacation choices!!! We are going to St George this year. Wahoo... And way to go on the OT! Thats amazing!!

Heather said...

I'm glad to hear you guys are feeling better, Chrystal!

Beijing will be an amazing destination this year, especially with the Olympics there. I hope to take an Asian tour someday, and visit my homeland (S Korea). I just have to stop having wee little ones and we'll be ready to do the 11 hour flight! :)

Kari said...

SO glad to hear you are feeling better!!! Always suck a bummer to be sick :( You are doing such a great job of tracking your goals ... way to go! Looks like no matter where you choose to go on vacation it will be amazing!!! We are headed to Hawaii this summer and can't wait!

Ann said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better. Enjoy the snow while it lasts. The hot weather is coming!

Carol said...

Wow snow! We have had the most unusual summer over here - actually we have kinda missed summer with all the flooding that has been happening.
Carol :-)

Dawn said...

SNOW...i know...up here in boston it has been TOO MUCH...lol...but soon we will be seeing flowers...both of us!
dewnie

Alee and Brandon said...

Glad you're feeling better! I hate being sick...Did you have a scrapping resolution??