Saturday, May 24, 2008

{intermission}

I'm going to make you wait one more day for the news.  I know, it's not fair.  My mother always used to say, "Life is not fair."  :)

I've been a little on the reflective side lately.  Probably started with the funeral last week.  And then I had to go to Houston for 4 days (I got back last night).  Anyway, all that time in the car makes me think.  Sometimes that's a good thing. :)

Mostly, I've been thinking about just how blessed I am to have the friends and family I have.  I really couldn't ask for anything better.  If you're reading this, that means you!  I was able to chat with a few old friends this past week too, and it was great to catch up and see what they and their families are up to.  I'm sad that so many good friendships seem to take a back seat to daily life, which is so busy for everyone.  What are we all so busy with, anyway?

Speaking of staying in touch, I've been trying to contact a couple of friends who seem to have gone missing.  K & J, if you're reading this, would you please call me?  I'm starting to feel like a stalker.  lol.

Over the past 18 months or so, I've belonged to an online forum, and the ladies there have become like a second family.  While in Houston, I learned that one of these special women lost her husband.  The outpouring of love was amazing!  Notes of encouragement and love and support just started flooding the forum.  Homemade digital sympathy cards filled the photo gallery.  We've only met on the internet, but somehow those who belong to this forum have really formed a bond.  L, you and your family are in my prayers.
 
While blog surfing, I found out that a friend of ours, from when we lived in Portland, has left the Church to pursue other interests.  I was surprised that I feel such intense sadness at this news.  She wasn't what I'd call a 'best' friend - but one that I got to know pretty well.  We've lost touch over the years, and suddenly now I wish we could chat and catch up.  And I wish I could just listen.  

This has been a pretty random post, huh?  Well, every once in a while it's probably good to throw out some serious thoughts. 

4 comments:

lyn said...

Random posts are the best. They tend to be the most "honest". Just know that I love you, and I'm glad we've kept in touch through, what? Four different states?

T1 gets out of school June 5th, shortly after all of our sports will be over too, so we will have a normal, boring schedule and I'll be begging to go "play"! :) So let's plan on dinner or even GNO.

Amyanne said...

I appreciate your thoughts, Chrystal. I need to do better at keeping touch with people, too! I hope the funeral and trip to Houston went well.

Chrystal said...

Amyanne, do you have a blog??

prism said...

Chrystal,
It has been nice to be in touch with you over the years - they go by too fast.

I felt the same way when I learned of a family in PA who left the church. Logically, I know it's their choice and I wouldn't want to take that choice away. I too was surprised at how much it hurt to hear that they made that choice. That ward was really like our family for 5 years.