Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Raindrops

This was my photo for today.

And it got me thinking about a few things.

1.  I drove home today in a thunderstorm.  Pouring rain.  Lightning.  Thunder.  The whole show.

2.  Boy, I miss Oregon rain.  When we lived in Oregon and Washington, it rained often.  In Texas, it rains a lot.  I'm talking quantity, folks.  Lots of rain in a short amount of time.  While I like rain in any form, I much prefer the former.

3.  When driving in rain, please turn on your lights.  Especially when it is raining so hard that your windshield wipers are going full tilt.  That probably means that my windshield wipers are working overtime, too.  And I cannot see very well at times like that.  So please.  Lights.  

4.  I need new windshield wipers.

2 comments:

Amyanne said...

Awesome picture, and I enjoyed the comments on Oregon rain. Wow, someone who actually misses it when they leave? Amazing!

Salina said...

I'd like to say that I miss the Seattle rain...but I don't, and it's been 10 years for me! But I remember one thing that they taught us in driver's ed in WA, was if you have your wipers on....your lights should be too. Good advice I think!