Friday, January 2, 2009

Making Music

We inherited this piano last year when Dan's grandmother passed away.  Since we have been in transition, it has been in storage and so this is the first time we've actually had it in our home.  Isn't it beautiful? 
 
Since before Christmas, I have been trying to teach myself to play.  My first "project" is Away in a Manger, and even though it's way past Christmas now, my plan is to continue to work on it until I have it down perfect, and then move onto a new song.  I'm almost there!  In the meantime, I try to play at least a few minutes each day.  It's proving a little more difficult than expected.

1 comment:

Gifford Family said...

Oh I am so jealous! I miss having a piano in my home. My parents always had one and then they gave it to my older sister. It is a beautiful piano! I like how you have put your pictures on top of it.