Sunday, January 4, 2009

Quiet Afternoons

I love quiet Sunday afternoons!

With the new year, our church services started at noon today.  I have mixed feelings about afternoon church, but I guess I'll get over it. :)  We spent the morning pretty much being lazy, and when we got back from church Dan packed the car, we ate a late lunch/early dinner, and then he left to drive back to McKinney for the week.  That leaves me here with the puppies.  

One of my 2008 resolutions was to read the Bible - all the way through.  I didn't quite make it (I got to 2 Corinthians 5), but I really enjoyed it (more than I thought I would!) and learned a lot in the process.  I'd like to finish the New Testament by the end of February, so I took advantage of this quiet afternoon to do some reading.  Thus, my photo of the day:

3 comments:

Gifford Family said...

That is a good resolution. My 8 year old has made a resolution for 2009 to read the Book Of Mormon. We are reading it together! It has been really nice so far.

DAN said...

I see by your header you are still in 2008, stop living in the past and come to the present! - :) Love ya!

Chrystal said...

Thanks for pointing that out! I have been meaning to make a new header, and this is a good excuse!